Jose Almeida, MD
MVC - Endovascular Venous Surgery, LLC
1501 S Miami Ave.
Miami, FL 33129
If you work you win, if you loaf you lose. Only through discomfort do we grow.
Jose I. Almeida, MD, FACS, RVT is a fellowship-trained, board-certified vascular surgeon in Miami, Florida and founder of the Miami Vein Center. Dedicating his life to treating people with vein disease, Dr. Almeida is a pioneer in endovenous therapy.
As a leader in his field, Dr. Almeida is devoted to teaching other surgeons the latest techniques in endovenous vein therapy. He is an organizer and course director of the International Vein Congress on In-Office Techniques in Miami, Florida, which is the most comprehensive vein management course to date. He also volunteers as an assistant professor of surgery at the University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Almeida is internationally recognized for his expertise in vein care. He is the author of numerous published abstracts, articles and textbook chapters on vascular surgery. He is also a frequent speaker, panelist, and workshop director at medical conventions throughout the country.
Outside of surgery, Dr. Almeida is interested in weight training.
Hear From Our Physicians
- Doctors Hospital
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
Honors & Awards
- Diplomat of the Vascular Surgery Board, American Board of Surgery
- Beta Beta Beta Honorary Biological Society 1982
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-medical Honor Society 1984-1987
- University of South Florida College of Medicine Honors Course in Surgery 1990
- University of South Florida College of Medicine Most Outstanding Surgical Student 1991
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons 2001
- Strathmore''s Who''s Who 2004, 2005
- America''s Top Surgeons: Consumer's Research Council of America 2002-2010
- Top 25 Most Influential Venous Professionals (Vein Industry News) 2009
- W.L. Gore Pioneers In Performance Award Commitment To Ongoing Learning 2014
- Elected as a Distinguished Fellow Member in the American Venous Forum 2015
Education & Training
American Board of Surgery
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital - General Surgery
University of South Florida College of Medicine