Do heavy periods affect your life? If so, you’re definitely not alone. It’s estimated that excessive menstrual bleeding affects one out every five women.
Many women begin to experience excessive and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle – they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
Studies have shown that many women who suffer from excessive menstrual bleeding do not bring the subject up with their doctors or seek treatment. Don’t let that be you! Heavy periods are not something you have to live with – they can be treated. Ask your doctor if NovaSure may be right for you.
A treatment with no hormones, no hysterectomy.
NovaSure is a simple, safe, 90-second procedure that gently removes the lining of the uterus – the part that causes the bleeding. The NovaSure procedure can reduce or stop bleeding altogether. It’s a less invasive alternative to hysterectomy.
The benefits of the NovaSure procedure include:
• It can be performed in your doctor’s office or an outpatient setting, with no general anesthesia, and usually for the cost of a copay
• It can be performed at any time during your cycle, even if you’re bleeding.
• There are no incisions
• The procedure is quick – average treatment time is just 90 seconds.
• Most women experience mild or no pain during or after the procedure.
• Most women feel back to themselves within a day or so.
• 91% of women returned to normal, light, or no periods at all (in fact, 41% reported that their periods stopped completely).
NovaSure really gets results! 95% of patients were satisfied with the results. 97% said they would recommend NovaSure to a friend. NovaSure can do more than just stop the bleeding. Many women who’ve had the NovaSure procedure say they are now able to spend more time at work and daily activities, missing out on fewer social and athletic outings because of excessive bleeding. They also report improved energy levels, better moods, and a boost in self-confidence.
And many also had a significant reduction in painful periods and PMS symptoms like irritability.
So, is NovaSure right for you? Talk with your doctor. Women with heavy or long lasting periods who do not wish to have children in the future may be candidates for the NovaSure procedure. Stop letting your periods control your life.
• Treats painful and heavy periods without the need for a hysterectomy
• Short operative time and short recovery time
• No incisions required
• No need for hormone replacement therapy