General Surgery Specialist
Our clinic handles all types of general surgery operations, which is mostly concerned with the operations of abdominal organs.
Laparoscopic and classical surgery are equally optional, and the approach is decided by the surgeon, having considered the patient’s best interest.
We are equipped with modern instruments and devices for minimally invasive and classical surgery. Our patients are encouraged to undergo complete preoperative preparation, all necessary diagnostics, and anesthesiologist exam at our clinic before getting approval for surgery. This way, the patient gets full service in one place, in the shortest possible time. The patients are taken care of by our interdisciplinary team of experienced doctors and surgeons.
General surgery usually includes the following interventions:
Surgery of the front abdominal wall:
- Inguinal hernia
- Front abdominal hernia
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Small intestine resection
- Colon resection (left and right hemicolectomy, partial bowel resection, resection of the sigmoid colon (Hartmann’s procedure), total and subtotal colectomy, upper front and lower front resection of the rectum, total abdominoperineal amputation of the rectum)
- Ileostomy, colostomy, gastrostomy
- Establishing continuity of the digestive tract
- Stomach resection (Billroth I, Billroth II, subtotal stomach resection with reconstruction, total resection of the stomach)
- Splenectomy (surgical removal of the spleen, either partial or complete)
Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery:
- Gallbladder surgery
- Biliodigestive anastomosis
- Whipple procedure (pancreaticoduodenectomy)
- Liver resection (segmental, lobectomy, atypical liver resection, liver biopsy)
- Pancreas resection (resection of the head, body, or tail of the pancreas)
Diagnostical-therapeutic invasive procedures:
- Pleural punction
- Abdominal punction
- Chest drain (also known as chest tube or thoracic catheter)
- Laparoscopic biopsy of the abdomen
It was been a year since Dr. Edelman completed the surgery on me to stop my hands from sweating. What a year it has been! I have grown leaps and bounds socially and emotionally. I don’t have to worry about my sweaty hands anymore. I have Dr. Edelman to thank for this! He was very professional, very caring, and simply an excellent surgeon! I could not be more pleased being under his care, and I will be forever grateful for it. Words really can’t express how much I am appreciative, but this review will have to do. Thank you so much Dr. Edelman for changing my life for the better!
Dr. Edelman is amazing!!! He has the best bedside manner! He is knowledgeable and takes his time to explain things. I had surgery today and I am in no pain and even went to the supermarket. I would recommend him in a heartbeat 💗. His staff is also amazing! They are so nice and helpful.
I had hernia surgery with Dr. Edelman in March, and everything went absolutely perfect. Aside from being a fine surgeon, Dr. Edelman treats his patients with genuine care, explains the procedure in clear, simple terms, and does not try to force a decision on the patient. You can’t help but trust this doctor and go into surgery with full confidence in a positive outcome. The office staff is wonderful–very helpful, knowledgeable, always willing to answer questions in a friendly manner. I could not be happier with my choice of surgeon and his office.
Request an Appointment
Have a question about our practice or want to schedule an appointment? Reach out to a member of our team.