Important information about COVID-19 for our patients
Safety is our first priority and we are taking all recommended precautions to safely provide health care to your family. In an effort to keep our patients, families and staff healthy, we are implementing the following policies:
For well visits:
· We are seeing well patients in the office mornings only, with priority given to our youngest patients and those who require vaccines.
· We are taking extra precautions including frequent disinfection of all office areas and the use of PPE to ensure our patients’ wellness. Patients will be screened by phone prior to being offered a well appointment.
· Patients are asked to come to their appointment with one healthy adult only. Please do not bring siblings or others to the visit, and we discourage grandparents or older adults from accompanying children to the office unless absolutely necessary.
· Adults and children (if age appropriate) are asked to wear a mask at all times.
· When you arrive at your appointment, please wait in your car until the time of your visit. Call us when you arrive so we know you are there. We will call when it’s your turn, and you will be escorted directly to the exam area.
· Temperatures will be checked prior to the visit for all patients and accompanying adults.
For sick visits:
· We are seeing sick patients by Telemedicine M-F afternoons and Saturday mornings. Please call to discuss whether your symptoms can be managed by Telemedicine and to schedule a telemedicine appointment.
· Patients with respiratory illnesses will be screened by phone. Most respiratory patients can be safely managed by Telemedicine, but if further evaluation is necessary, patients may be referred for safe evaluation and treatment.
To make sure we are able to see patients experiencing symptoms of illness, or who are unable to make it to the office given social distancing guidelines, we’ve begun to offer care via Telemedicine. Telemedicine video visits allow patients to experience a secure online provider visit via smartphone, tablet or computer within minutes.
Please be aware you must have an appointment scheduled to access this feature. To do so call us and schedule your appointment today at
Please follow these guidelines to improve your Telemedicine experience:
1. Find a quiet and private area with an adequate internet connection.
2. Have access to a device with a functioning camera and microphone (laptop, desktop, iPhone, iPad). If you prefer you can use a pair of headphones or earbuds.
3. Make sure to be on a compatible browser (Google Chrome or Safari).
4. Follow connection directions given when the appointment is scheduled – look for a text or email shortly before the scheduled appointment for specific connection instructions.
We thank you for your cooperation and doing your part in helping to keep our patients and staff healthy during this challenging time. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions.