Family medicine is a clinical specialization and an academic, scientific discipline. The health care system, for most people, starts precisely with family medicine. It encompasses services to all family members regardless of age, gender, or the type of problem a family member is experiencing. Out of all the branches of medicine, family medicine is the closest you can get to patient orientation, in the sense of dedication to the patient and creating a close bond between the doctor and patient over a period of time.
Here are some of the benefits of family medicine:
- Continual care over time and in various conditions
- Unique epidemiology and a specific decision-making process
- Handles health problems in their physical, psychological, social, and cultural environments, to differentiate from the standard clinical environment
- Promotes the development and maintenance of good health through appropriate, safe, and effective interventions
- Uses resources in an effective and safe way through coordination of care, management of patients and establishing and maintaining contact with other professionals
The clinical guide to family medicine includes the following:
- Guide for quitting smoking
- Physical activity (exercise methods and recommendations)
- Adult obesity (causes and solutions)
- Guide to dyslipidemia (high amount of lipids in the blood – fat phospholipids, cholesterol, triglycerides)
- Diseases of the endocrine glands
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Urinary tract conditions
- Rheumatic diseases
- Eye conditions (cataracts, bulging eyes, color blindness, retinitis, diabetic macular edema, glaucoma, eye floaters, etc.)
- Thyroid gland diseases
- Ear conditions (hearing loss, vertigo, ringing in the ears, infections, hearing aids, protruding ears, dizziness, etc.)
- Mental illness
- Gastrointestinal tract diseases
- Skin conditions (acne, blisters, cold sores, hives, allergies, etc.)
Monday – 08:00am – 05:00pm
Tuesday – 08:00am – 05:00pm
Wednesday – 08:00am – 05:00pm
Thursday – 08:00am – 05:00pm
Friday – CLOSED
My first office visit and I must say this Doc has excellent bedside manners. He took his time and listened to me and I felt confident in his medical expertise and professionalism.
I absolutely love the Dr. and staff at this office. They all go over and beyond and are always such a joy to deal with.
Dr. Hirsch has been my primary Doctor for over twenty years. I have always been able to get an appointment when needed. His Staff have been courteous and caring. He has referred me to specialists who have provided quality care. I have recommended Dr. Hirsch to several of my friends who are now his patients.