Postpartum Care and Depression
in Miami, Florida
- After delivery, you will spend 1 – 4 nights in the hospital. Your milk will start to come in 2-3 days after delivery.
- We will see you in the office 6 weeks after your delivery for a postpartum exam, as well as 2 weeks postpartum following a Cesarean delivery.
- Postpartum blues may begin approximately 2-3 days after childbirth. You may start to feel anxious, depressed or angry, start crying for no reason or have trouble sleeping, eating, or making decisions. These feeling may come and go, and usually resolve on their own within 1 – 2 weeks without treatment.
- Postpartum Depression may be a problem if these symptoms become severe, especially if inhibiting your ability to care for yourself or the baby, or if symptoms last more than 2 weeks.
- Postpartum depression may occur up to 1 year after childbirth, but usually begins approximately 1 – 3 weeks after delivery.
Treatment may require counseling or medication.
Please call for an appointment as soon as possible and do not wait for your next scheduled visit.
Some useful resources for Postpartum Depression:
“I had a really great first experience with Dr. Saldana! She is very personal and helps you feel comfortable in what can be an awkward situation. The atmosphere is so inviting and almost feels like you are at the spa. Would highly recommend for those reasons alone”
“This review is for Dr. Alejandra Angel. She is an amazing doctor. She took good care of me during my pregnancy, was very patient, I never felt rushed during my appointments, she always listened and explained very well any questions that I had. She made my first delivery experience a nice one. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who would like to have a nice and smooth experience. If you are looking for a doctor who genuinely cares about you and your baby, you should look no further. She is the one to go. I really like her and her attitude. She is a great doctor.”
“Incredible bedside manners! Dr. Saldana was extremely helpful and understanding with all of my concerns. Not only did she concern herself with what I was at her office for, but also recommended other very helpful guides for my other issues. Rest assured I’m in good professional hands with a wonderful human being. The office personnel was also very delightful.”
“I truly enjoyed my experience with Dr. Angel. She’s a good listener and took the time to ask me questions about how I was feeling. The office staff is attentive and the place is immaculate. I highly recommend Dr. Angel!”
“First time visiting this office and it was very good. Everyone was very kind and helpful. The place was very clean and nice. Doctor Alejandra Ángel took the time to listen to everything I had to say. She answered all my questions and was very professional. The overall experience was excellent. I definitely made the right choice by coming to this new office/doctor.”
“Dr. Saldana has an excellent personable demeanor which made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I have been searching for a female gynecologist of her caliber and thank goodness I finally met her today.”