If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms above, Dr. Halfon’s first step is to diagnose the presence of fibroids because many of the symptoms can be related to other issues. He determines whether you have fibroids using the following methods:
- Visual pelvic exam
- Palpation of your uterus through your abdomen
- Blood test
If Dr. Halfon diagnoses you with fibroids, it’s important to understand that no magic bullet eliminates the growths. Dr. Halfon can help effectively manage the symptoms, allowing you a better quality of life.
These management techniques include:
- Over-the-counter pain medications for any discomfort
- Hormone medications that work to shrink the fibroids
- Ultrasound therapy to heat up and destroy the growth
- Laparoscopic surgery to remove the fibroid(s), which is called a myomectomy
- A hysterectomy to remove your uterus entirely
To learn more about relieving the discomfort and pain caused by uterine fibroids, call Isaac Halfon, MD Obstetrics and Gynecology or schedule a consultation using the online booking tool.