We understand that you may have questions and concerns about the current coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis.
Rest assured that Florida Perinatal Center is preparing to the fullest extent possible while providing you with Top-of-the-line care.
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our patients and staff. We are exercising increased precautions to reduce the risk of patients’ exposure to COVID-19, including frequent sanitizing of exam rooms, waiting rooms and reception areas.
We are also communicating with patients prior to their appointments to review our current policies and procedures to ensure the safety of ALL our patients and staff.
Our current screening criteria are below:
- If you are experiencing flulike symptoms eg: fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat – please call us for information about rescheduling your appointment.
- If you have been in contact with someone who is a PUI (person under investigation) for having COVID-19, or who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please call for information about rescheduling your appointment.
In order to keep patients and staff safe, we have instituted the following procedures:
- We check all patient’s temperatures prior to entering the inner office.
- Patients are allowed to bring one guest to their ultrasound appointments. Children are not allowed in the office.
- We offer Telemedicine for consultations, office visits, diabetic teaching and preconception consults.
- All staff wear masks and clinical staff wear protective equipment in our office.
- Protective plexiglass barriers have been installed at out check-in and check-out areas to provide an additional level of protection.
- We ask that ALL patients and their guests wear a mask. We do not allow gator masks or masks with valves.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We are proactively monitoring the WHO, CDC and local authorities’ recommendations with relation to Maternal-Fetal Medicine so we can better serve you during this difficult time.