Welcome to our practice and congratulations! Becoming a parent is one of the most rewarding experiences in your life. This is an exciting time for you as you plan for the arrival of your new baby. If you are new to our practice and would like to see our office and meet with one of our doctors, you may call 305-271-8222 to schedule a prenatal visit. During this visit, one of the office staff will give you a brief tour of the office. You will then be able to meet with one of the doctors to discuss any questions you may have about our practice or about newborn care. This would also provide an opportunity to inform us of any special problems you have had during your pregnancy. We normally schedule these visits at the end of the morning (11:45 am), or at the end of the afternoon (4:45 pm), excluding Mondays.
At each hospital, there are hospital-based newborn doctors who see our new babies. When you are ready to be discharged from the hospital, the doctor will advise you when to see your pediatrician; this is usually 1-3 days after discharge depending on the baby’s situation. Just call our office when you get home to schedule that first visit. Please tell our office staff that you have a new baby; we always give priority to scheduling those initial newborn visits. Please bring any hospital discharge papers with you to that first visit.
Please verify before your delivery that we are providers for your particular health insurance plan. There is a list of health insurance plans that we participate in on our website or you may call our insurance department if you have any questions: 305-271-1087.
Please call 305-271-8222 to schedule your prenatal visit. We look forward to meeting with you!
WHAT WE OFFER
- In office lab facilities capable of performing routine lab tests and cultures
- Availability of all routine childhood/adolescent immunizations
- Hearing and Vision testing
- Ear piercing after 2 months of age (for existing patients)
- Saturday morning office hours for well-child visits and for sick visits
- Separate waiting rooms for well children and sick children and teens
- Pediatric nurses available for urgent calls on nights and weekends
- Experienced phone staff to triage calls and schedule appointments
- Screening for autism during the second year of life
- Prenatal visits –scheduled ahead of time by appointment