Zarela Carrillo, PA-C
Zarela Carrillo, PA-C
CREDENTIALED PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Accomplished and compassionate healthcare professional and patient advocate. Foreign medical graduated with seven years of experience and expertise in medical diagnostic and patient care services. Deep knowledge of current healthcare processes and procedures, broad-based healthcare operations, and insightful health program coordination.
- Flawless execution of patient care, health/physical examination, clinical procedures, patient needs assessment,
educating patients, and effective healthcare management. ACLS, PALS, and BCLS Certified.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret labs and x-rays, conduct comprehensive physical exams, and ensure top-tier
quality care standards are maintained while promoting cultural diversity awareness.
- Actively seeking to utilize a warm and compassionate demeanor, team collaboration, and knowledge of clinical
and patient-centered relations as a Physician Assistant. Ability to easily transition into any healthcare specialty
including Psychiatric or Gastroenterology. Clear/concise multilingual communicator
- Trauma Care and Crisis Response
- Deliver Quality Care Standards
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Interpret Lab/X-ray Results
- Medical Evaluation Procedures
- Maintain Insurance Compliance
- Hands-on Patient Care
- Poised Bedside Manner
- Develop Patient Plan of Care
- Keen Decision-Making Skills
- Patient Relations/Retention
EDUCATION / CREDE NTIALS
A.S., Physician Assistant – Miami-Dade College, Miami, FL, 2019
Medical Assistant Program – Miami Dade College, Miami, FL, 2014
Doctor of Medicine – Universidad Privada del Valle, Bolivia, 2003
- Physician Assistant License # 9112830
- NCCPA Board Certified ID No.1169536, 2019
- ACLS/PALS/BCLS Certified, May 2020-2022
- Mental Health First Aid Training, Jul 2018-2021
- HIPAA Training, Aug 2017
- OSHA Training, Aug 2017
- Domestic Violence Training, Oct 2017
- Certified Medical Assistant, Dec 2014
- Personal Customer & Employee Care – Peru, Jan 2010
- Affections and Anxiety in XXI century, Peru – Sep 2008
- Update in Pediatrics, Peru – Jan 2005
- VIII Scientific National Event of Medicine, Peru – May 2005
- Physician Licensed in Peru and Bolivia, 2003 – Present
- Relevant Aspects of Health Care, Peru, Sep 2003
CLINICA L ROTA TIONS
OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY CLERKSHIP | Carlos Pena MD Coral Gables, Miami FL | Jul 2019
EMERGENCY MEDICINE CLERKSHIP | Jackson Main Hospital, Miami, FL | Jun 2019
SURGERY CLERKSHIP | Main Baptist and West Kendall Baptist Hospital, Miami FL | May 2019
PEDIATRICS CLERKSHIP | Jackson North Medical Center & South Florida Urgent Care, North Miami FL | Mar-Apr 2019
FAMILY MEDICINE CLERKSHIP | Acebo Health Center, Miami FL | Jan-Feb 2019
INTERNAL MEDICINE CLERKSHIP | Baptist South Miami Hospital, Miami FL | Dec 2018
DERMATOLOGY CLERKSHIP | Kendall Regional Medical Center, Miami FL | Nov 2018
HARVEY CARDIOLOGY & ECG TRAINING | University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami FL | Oct 2018
PSYCHIATRY CLERKSHIP | Compass Health Systems, North Miami FL | Aug-Sep 2018
ROTATION INTERNSHIP | Hospital Policia Nacional, Lima Peru | Jan-Dec 2002
- Rotated throughout a number of units in 24-hour shifts every three days including Internal Medicine, Surgery, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, and ER
PROFE SSIONAL EXPERIENCE
MEDICAL ASSISTANT STUDENT & STAY AT HOME MOTHER | 2010 – 2017
- Successfully raised an independent and bright son, served as a dedicated housewife and mother before returning to school to complete PA studies.
PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN | Clinica International-UME TACA – Avianca, Lima Peru | Jul 2006 – Jul 2010
Served as a primary care general physician for personnel and direct relatives. Utilized deep knowledge of the insurance
industry to negotiate insurance policy approvals and payments. Coordinated occupational medical exams, vaccination
campaigns, and was an active participant in Human Resources that ensured well-qualified staff/recruiting.
- Facilitated the management and treatment of patients in Anodyne Therapy.
- Applied strong leadership, patient relations and deep understanding of the managed care environment to provide patient care, advocacy, and support
PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN | Primary Care Physician RIMAC Seguros Lima, Peru | Jul 2005 – Jun 2006
Served as the primary care general and preventive medicine physician. Evaluated, diagnosed, and treated patients,
ensuring quality healthcare initiatives were provided and maintained. Actively participated in vaccination campaigns.
- Quickly adapted to the needs of the individual location and became an integral team member.
- Served as a Generalist in Private Practice and responded to any emergency issue, as needed.
ONSITE PHYSICIAN | Contraloria General del Peru | Feb-May 2005
Delivered exacting medical attention and healthcare support for employees. Evaluated each diagnoses and treatment
plan, completed medical audits, and provided problem resolution strategies for daily clinic operations.
- Reviewed each case and negotiated each insurance policy focused on patient primary care needs.
GENERAL/PREVENTIVE MEDICINE PHYSICIAN | Primary Care Hermes Broker, Lima Peru | Jan-Dec 2004
Quickly and efficiently performed detailed patient assessment and addressed health-related issues before providing an
accurate diagnosis of disease or injury and the necessary treatment.
- Demonstrated a reputation for providing comprehensive care with a warm and gentle approach that eased
patient fears and anxieties with even the most resistant patients.
- Evaluated, diagnoses, and treated patients and continuously participated in vaccination campaigns that
promoted greater community healthcare delivery.
ER & PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN | Hospital Base Naval del Callao, Lima Peru | 2003 to 2004
Charged with provided emergency medical care and support in the ER unit. Evaluated, diagnosed and treated each
assigned patient for any and all emergency issues. Treated/sutured open wounds as needed.
- Evaluated each diagnosis and treated all personnel attached to the Office of the Navy.
Healthcare Screenings | Project S.E.E.D, Homestead FL | Oct 2017/Oct 2018
Patient Intake | Emergency Room Mercy Hospital, Miami, FL | Dec 2011-Jun 2012
Volunteer | TACA – Avianca Volunteering Program, Peru | Jul 2006-Jul 2010
Florida Academy of Physician Assistants | 2017-Present
American Academy of Physician Assistants | 2017-Present
American Medical Technologist | 2015
Colegio Medico del Peru | 2003-Present
TECHNOLOGY PROFICIENCIES: MS Office, EMR (Amazing Charts)
Florida Academy of Physician Assistants
Fluent in English and Spanish, basic Portuguese
Monday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
“I believed this is one of the few Medical offices that follow the appointments as scheduled. They are very professional and show care for the patients.”
“This is the place with the best doctors, nurses and up today equipment to solve and cure your failing health. Love Urology Specialty Care of Miami.”
“Very courteous staff, the dr was professional and nice. The office is immaculate and clean, free covered valet is a huge plus as well given Miami’s unpredictable weather. I would highly recommend this office and doctor to anyone looking.”