What is Urinary incontinence?
Millions of women experience involuntary leakage of urine known as urinary incontinence. Some women loose a few drops; others feel little warning just before releasing a large amount of urine. UI is debilitating and it causes tremendous emotional distress. Risk of public embarrassment can keep you from enjoying the activities you love.
What Causes Urinary incontinence?
Women can become incontinent from pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, genetics, or previous pelvic surgery. Neurological and medical conditions such as multiple sclerosis, stroke, Parkinson’s disease can also contribute to incontinence. There are different types of incontinence:
- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Leakage of urine associated with coughing, sneezing, activity, or exercise.
- Overactive Bladder: Urgent desire to urinate with or without leakage before reaching the bathroom.
- Frequency: Need to urinate more often than usual
- Urgency: Strong desire to urinate
- Nocturia: Waking up at night to urinate
- Nocturnal Enuresis: Bed wetting
Dr. Sujata Yavagal will evaluate your specific situation, and treat your UI problem. No single treatment works for everyone, but many women find improvement without surgery.
Make an appointment today, We offer the following tests in our office:
- Bladder retraining and lifestyle modifications
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation with pelvic floor exercises, biofeedback, and electrical stimulation
- Bladder Botox
- Office percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation
- Interstim: Sacral neuromodulation
- Intermittent Self Catheterization (ISC)
- Urethral bulking
Great experience as a first timer. I barely waited to be helped when I checked in. The staff and Dr. Sujata Yavagal were all very friendly and helpful. I especially loved how Dr. Sujata Yavagal really took her time to explain my conditions with me as well as my treatment options. I had a great visit.
María Juliana V.
I was a new patient and felt that I had been there always. All the staff were friendly and attentive to my needs. Dr. Yavagal was very thorough in explaining my options for treatment and extremely professional in her approach towards my health situation.
My experience is always great at Dr. Yavagal’s office. I trust her knowledge and expertise 100% and would never consider changing doctors. Her staff is very nice and courteous, always catering to my well being and comfort. I highly recommend her.