The pediatricians at Sawgrass Pediatrics know how important you child’s health issues are to you. We want to provide you with the most current information possible for you and your family. Check out the links below and learn about some common health topics, such as flu symptoms, vaccines, and more. Need to know about an issue not on this page? Please make one of our friendly staff members aware of this and we will obtain the information for you. At Sawgrass Pediatrics, we are dedicated to our patients and their families in the Coral Springs, Parkland, Boca Raton and surrounding areas.
Flu Vaccines now are available in our office for both our patients and their parents/caregivers. Parents should call the office to schedule an appointment.
Ask the Pediatrician: Are There Shortages of Infant Formula Due to COVID-19?
American Academy of Pediatrics – Healthy Children
- Car Seat Guildelines for 2017 All infants and children should be secured in a child restraint appropriate for their age and size. Consult healthchildren.org guideline before you buy your next car seat.
- International Hip Dysplasia – Hip healthy Swaddling Improper swaddling may lead to hip dysplasia or developmental dysplasia of the hip. When in the womb the baby’s lets are in a fetal position with the legs bent up and across each other. Sudden straightening of the legs to a standing position can loosen the joints and damage the soft cartilage of the socket. Click on this link to read more.
- MotherToBaby- Breastfeeding and Prescription Medication – Fact Sheets The experts behind MotherToBaby have created fact sheets that answer frequently asked questions about exposures during pregnancy and breastfeeding. MotherToBaby Fact Sheets are available in both English and Spanish and can be downloaded for free. Currently available fact sheets are listed below by category of exposure. All medications are listed by generic name. The generic name can be found on your prescription or medication packaging listed as the Active Ingredient, or in parentheses after the medication’s brand name.
- Atlanta PARENT Magazine From the publishers of Atlanta PARENT Magazine, this is a monthly and neatly organized events and information resource site.
- Scholastic Online A great resource of ideas for children of all ages.