The pediatricians at Sawgrass Pediatrics know how important you child’s health issues are to you. We want to provide you with the most current information possible for you and your family. Check out the links below and learn about some common health topics, such as flu symptoms, vaccines, and more. Need to know about an issue not on this page? Please make one of our friendly staff members aware of this and we will obtain the information for you. At Sawgrass Pediatrics, we are dedicated to our patients and their families in the Coral Springs, Parkland, Boca Raton and surrounding areas.
Flu Vaccines now are available in our office for both our patients and their parents/caregivers. Parents should call the office to schedule an appointment.
Ask the Pediatrician: Are There Shortages of Infant Formula Due to COVID-19?
American Academy of Pediatrics – Healthy Children
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention- CDC For information on a variety of health issues, including travelers’ health, vaccine information, and safety tips.
- Vaccine Information Statements To locate and read about each individual childhood vaccine.
- Travelers’ Health Helpful information you should know when traveling out of the country.
- Vaccine Information Statements in Every Language (from the CDC) An updated list of vaccines currently available.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration – FDA
- USDA Food Pyramid Information You can view the Food Pyramid and learn more about diet suggestions.
- Car Seat Guildelines for 2017 All infants and children should be secured in a child restraint appropriate for their age and size. Consult healthchildren.org guideline before you buy your next car seat.
- International Hip Dysplasia – Hip healthy Swaddling Improper swaddling may lead to hip dysplasia or developmental dysplasia of the hip. When in the womb the baby’s lets are in a fetal position with the legs bent up and across each other. Sudden straightening of the legs to a standing position can loosen the joints and damage the soft cartilage of the socket. Click on this link to read more.
- MotherToBaby- Breastfeeding and Prescription Medication – Fact Sheets The experts behind MotherToBaby have created fact sheets that answer frequently asked questions about exposures during pregnancy and breastfeeding. MotherToBaby Fact Sheets are available in both English and Spanish and can be downloaded for free. Currently available fact sheets are listed below by category of exposure. All medications are listed by generic name. The generic name can be found on your prescription or medication packaging listed as the Active Ingredient, or in parentheses after the medication’s brand name.
- Atlanta PARENT Magazine From the publishers of Atlanta PARENT Magazine, this is a monthly and neatly organized events and information resource site.
- Scholastic Online A great resource of ideas for children of all ages.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Common conditions of childhood with answers to assist parents with questions about their child’s development.
- Pediatric Imaging at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta To help answer any questions you might have about radiological exams and procedures for your children.
- The Mayo Clinic General medical information from one of the premier medical institutions in the U.S.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry For up-to-date information on pediatric dentistry issues.
- Bright Futures To investigate a variety of behavioral and developmental issues relating to all age groups of children; presented in part by Georgetown University.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – CHADD A resource for parents regarding ADHD.
- Northside Hospital Educational Classes
Our team is proud of the wonderful relationships we have with our patients. Hear some of what they have to share!
“Amazing first experience. They did what they had to do. Dr. Waters was great!”
“Wonderful doctor with great bedside manner. Has been my kids doctor for 10 years.”
“Extremely personable. Had a great visit!!!”
“Excellent service and always great with my family.”