Have you been noticing an overwhelming number of mustaches growing on men’s faces? While some of these men might be channeling their inner Tom Selleck, most of them are doing it in honor of Movember – the month in which men grow out their ‘staches to spark conversation and raise funds for men’s health.
The Movember Movement is dedicated to bringing awareness to the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health and suicide prevention. For all the fathers, brothers, and friends in your life, we encourage you to take a Mo-ment and check out our list of health facts that men need to know:
• On average, men live five years less than women.
• 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer.
• Every hour, 6 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer.
• Inactive men are 60% more likely to suffer from depression than active men
Make sure you follow these tips to stay healthy, not only in November, but throughout the year:
• Get an annual physical
• Know your family history
• Stay active
• Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
• Have open conversations